Picasa template for exporting SlideShowPro XML
I bought the SlideShowPro component a few weeks ago for a quick client project I was working on. Yesterday, an iPhoto plugin was announced for quick generation of the thumbnails and xml. It is really really nice. I have both Mac and PC, but lately I tend to work mostly on my PC and I have Picasa installed. It is the iPhoto for the Windows world.
After playing with the iPhoto plugin, I started to wonder today if Picasa could do something like this. Sure enough, after a little searching, I can across the templates. An hour later, I had my first template for Picasa ready. Its not as nice as the iPhoto plugin, so if you have iPhoto, use that one!! ..but I hope to improve this one more soon.
If you use Picasa and the SlideShowPro component, here is the zip file.
To install it:
- Unzip the archive and copy the folder into your templates folder.
- Mine is located at : C:\Program Files\Picasa2\web\templates\
To use it:
- Launch Picasa
- Select the album you wish to export from the album listing on the left side of Picasa ( Sorry..only supports a single album )
- Right-click on the album and select “Make a Webpage…” from the contextual menu.
- On the following screen, select your large image size, the title of your album, and where you want to save it to, and then click “Next”
- Select the template you want to use: XML for SlideShowPro and then hit the “Finish” button.
This was a pretty quick “hack” on my part, but I hope to improve on it really soon.
I hope anyone who uses it, enjoys it. I haven’t tested it with Picasa 1.0 since I switched to Picasa 2.0 when it came out. If anyone tests it and can let me know that would be awesome.